Just as your signature is uniquely yours, so is your wedding day!
Alyssa Jean Signature Events is a boutique wedding and event planning company based in West Hartford, Connecticut. Boutique means every client works directly with me, Alyssa Johnson. I am a seasoned professional with a Bachelor's degree from UMASS Amherst in Hospitality & Event Management and years of experience in the industry planning intimate dinners for 10 to conventions for 2,500! I offer planning services for all types of events, but weddings are my absolute favorite as I love the personal connection that I get to develop with my couples. It is always such an honor to work alongside you planning one of the best days of your lives!
I love getting to know my clients (who often leave as friends!) I firmly believe that your wedding day is a true reflection of your unique personalities and style, both as individuals and as a couple. AJSE couples want to enjoy their engagement and their wedding day and they trust me to make sure that happens! I love working with couples who describe their perfect wedding day as fun, relaxed, unique and special. We work together from the day you book to ensure your wedding is all this and more!
I pride myself on a strong attention to detail (after all, a wedding is made up of a million little ones!), constant communication (ask any of my past clients and I can promise you the number one thing they will tell you is how much they appreciate my responsiveness!), and my passion and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure you get your dream day. I accept a limited number of clients each year as I pour my heart and soul into each one. I know you have your choice when it comes to choosing a wedding planner but I can promise you that no one will work harder than I do to deliver a wedding planning experience that surpasses all of your expectations. Leave the logistics and details to me while you do what you should do: enjoy your engagement with your soon to be husband or wife!
Things I Love
- Weddings, of course!
- My husband, John. We met in 2014 after he was transferred in the United States Marine Corps from San Diego, CA to Portsmouth, NH. He is by far my better half in life and I am so lucky to have him by my side. You may even get a chance to meet him as he is often my second set of hands on wedding days!
- My rescue dog, Finnegan. I am one of the world's biggest dog lovers. If I won the lottery, I would buy a huge ranch and adopt as many dogs as I could care for!
- Outdoor Activities. I love being outside in nature. I love taking my dog on hikes, soaking up the sun at the beach, going on a long bike ride or even just losing myself in a good book while lounging in my backyard. I feel more at peace and calm after spending time outside.
- 90's music! Britney, BSB, N*SYNC, - I love it all!
- Fitness! Besides weddings, my husband and my dog - fitness is my other real passion. Fun fact - I am a certified personal trainer too! No matter how busy I get, incorporating a daily workout is a non-negotiable and something that is important to my soul and sanity!
- A really good glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. I love all wine and in the summer months when I'm not at a wedding, you will likely find me hanging out at a vineyard along the Connecticut Wine Trail.
- Ice Cream. I LOVE ice cream, like really love it. I will always choose a hot fudge brownie sundae over any other dessert. No matter how full I am from dinner, I will always order something from the dessert menu. Life is all about balance right?